can you run 2 master cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Plannig on trying crossfire for a while. Can you run 2 1900xtx master cards in crossfire?Or do you need to have a master card and regular card?

lol.

please flamming, not starting a flame thread, just asking a question.

i believe only one can be a master. but why would you want 2 masters anyway ? and yeah idk why ppl have to flame for a question.

Huh? For all I know you don't buy a 'master' card and 'slave' card, you just buy two identical cards and put them in a master/slave array on you'r mobo... I might be mistaken but thats what I Recall.

I dont think you can, i think you need a Crossfire ready card (regular) and a Crosfire edition card (Mastercard) but i dont see why you would want two mastercards, they're more expensive. If it were me, i'd just get a X1900XTX Crossfire Ready card and a X1900 Crossfire Edition card.

Last i heard, ATI was comin out with cards before R600 that will eliminate the mastercard setup so it will be more like SLI where u use two identical cards, but i'm pretty sure you need a new chipset (mobo) and the chipset they had shown has two northbridges (which hopefully will increase crossfire to two x16 instead of two x8). Hopefully the R600s will be made this way too

Your best bet is to contact ATI.

Not very many ATI fans around here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom