can you recommend something please?

toias123

Baseband Member
anyone recommend a nice cheap HSF for my new conroe e6300? Must be fairly quiet and a bit of a bargain if you know what i mean ;P

how much can u spend?

edit:
how about this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118115
I have the CNPS7000 CU which is the smaller version of that (has a 92mm fan instead of a 120mm) and I'm very satisfied with it. The reason for getting the smaller one was to be able to fit it in my case. Go to zalmans website, they have a good guide on how to check if the case has enough room for a large heatsink. The installation was a huge pain in the ass, but everything else about the hs/f is good.

was thinking more around $25 tops. Like i said i need a budget hsf but a decent one at that.

would Arctic Cooling Alpine 7 CPU Cooler be suitable if i'm not planning on overclocking much? if i overclock an e6300 it would be to the 2ghz mark max...

well with $25 u won't be getting a good hsf. I got one that was 18€ (because I needed one fast and they didn't have any good ones at the shop) and well it was so silent, but then of course the cooling wasn't that good and I actually had to underclock my cpu to keep it from getting too hot when under 100% load.

U could just use the default hsf that u get with the cpu untill u can afford a nice heatsink. Won't take u a long time to earn another $25. ;)

Back
Top Bottom