Can someone please confirm these components will work together as im so frustrated

robwalters04

Baseband Member
Im basically getting stressed out because i thought I had parts that work together but now im reading all these little things here and there that suggest otherwise.

CPU - AMD FX 8350

MOBO - 85A97 R2.0

GPU - EVGA 02G-P4-3658-KR GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost

RAM - Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP

The main reason im confused is because on the asus website on the 85a97 specifications it states "Due to CPU spec., AMD 100 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066MHz. With ASUS design, this motherboard can support up to DDR3 1333MHz."

even though at the top it says it does support 1600mhz ram "4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory"

Please can someone tell me if these parts will work together cause ive spent so long trying to get my head around knowing my components and get so frustrated.

Regards

Go with DDR3-1866 as that is the native speed of the memory controller. You may have to set the timings manually, but you shouldn't have an issue.

Amd 100 series as in a Sempron 145 2.7ghz. They only run a 1066mhz bus. All other AM3 chips run a 1333mhz bus, such as a Phenom II x2 545 3.0ghz. Your chip is an AM3+ chip, which as far as I know, all run at 1866mhz bus.

In short, there will be no problems in your setup. Although as OhSnapWorld mentioned it is perferable to use 1866 ram over your 1600 because there is simply no reason not to.

Did you mean Asus M5A97? I can't find the mobo you are referring to. I'm just curious and wanted to look into this as I am planning parts for my first build. The RAM type that is compatible with the mobo is specified usually. It says 2133 MHz compatible. Can you explain so that I might understand? If you have a mobo that has specs for ddr3 up to 2133 MHz can't you go with anything ddr3 that is that speed or slower? Does the CPU make a difference in what you choose?

Did you mean Asus M5A97? I can't find the mobo you are referring to. I'm just curious and wanted to look into this as I am planning parts for my first build. The RAM type that is compatible with the mobo is specified usually. It says 2133 MHz compatible. Can you explain so that I might understand? If you have a mobo that has specs for ddr3 up to 2133 MHz can't you go with anything ddr3 that is that speed or slower? Does the CPU make a difference in what you choose?

Yes I did mean that sorry.... this is also my first build and im nervous im gonna get it wrong lol, i think 2133 mhz compatible means its over clock speed and 1866 is its normal native speed. but i dont plan on overclocking anyway.

yeah you can use slower ram but think its just good to use its top speed, i.e 1866 for this mobo.

I dont know if the cpu makes a different in what i choose, all i know is the mobo supports the cpu im getting which is the 8350

I hear you robwalters. I don't believe the cpu will make a difference. Just the mobo and the os to my knowledge as to how much you can install as far as RAM. I never knew that 32 bit systems couldn't exceed 8 gigs until I read up on it recently. I think that is correct. I am designing my build also but still planning it and of course cost is a factor. I don't want to skimp on quality though so I think I will buy the parts as I can. I am more comfortable with Intel. My uncle likes AMD I really don't know or have enough experience with different processors. I've had more intel cpu's over the years than AMD. the AMD I had was nothing good though. A electronics store factory built piece of junk that was designed not to have the ability to upgrade anything like most. Good luck on your build I'm sure you're excited.

I hear you robwalters. I don't believe the cpu will make a difference. Just the mobo and the os to my knowledge as to how much you can install as far as RAM. I never knew that 32 bit systems couldn't exceed 8 gigs until I read up on it recently. I think that is correct. I am designing my build also but still planning it and of course cost is a factor. I don't want to skimp on quality though so I think I will buy the parts as I can. I am more comfortable with Intel. My uncle likes AMD I really don't know or have enough experience with different processors. I've had more intel cpu's over the years than AMD. the AMD I had was nothing good though. A electronics store factory built piece of junk that was designed not to have the ability to upgrade anything like most. Good luck on your build I'm sure you're excited.

Actually 32 bit cant even exceed 4gb lol, 64 bit is a absolute must. To be honest i was going to get an intel as well, but ALOT of researching has shown you dont HAVE to get an Intel. the AMD 8350 will do exactly what i need.

Thanks, good luck on yours too :)

PS. remember to ground yourself first lol im gonna be well paranoid about that when im building

Yeah that's what I meant. lol. I'm just learning. I recently started reading and studying. A couple weeks ago I knew how to turn on a PC and change some components and that was all. I just read a chapter on windows history from the first MS-DOS to Windows 8. So I never even knew that difference from 32 to 64 bit. I just crammed it in my head recently and I'm still learning. I have the concept of building down enough to build a pc though. Are you using a liquid cooler? I am so stoked on SSD drives and I want to put one in my build along with a HD. I've been trying to research the liquid cooling but don't understand it outside of the closed loop systems. I've seen some HD coolers also. I've seen some PC's with the hoses running all through the system even with neon or glowing fluid. I think I'm going to put in a corsair H80i cooler for the cpu. I've just been seeing the speed of these SSD drives and it's so awesome.

Back
Top Bottom