Can someone Help Please. I'm confused and quite frankly out the loop.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
How do GPUS work and whats out on the market at the minute. Last time I bought a Card was the 8800GT, and yea I know its dated but whats the advances that have taken place since then? Whats the Price Range for low end, Mid Rage and High End? Whats the Fastest and Biggest Bad Boy Money will bye, and what is at the low end of the market?

Anyone answer any of theese Question, I will appriciate it.

What exactly do you mean "how do they work"?

Tons of advancements have come around. FXAA, Adaptive Vsync, DX11, tessellation, various forms of AA, and much more. The difference between even a 480 and the 8800GT is incredible.

Price range for low end is usually 100 and below, midrange 100-275, high end 275 - 500, ultra enthusiast 500+.

Baddest card you can buy right now is the GTX 690.

The difference between even a 480 and the 8800GT is incredible.

What would £100 get me, has any one any idea? Mind you this is for Folding. Just to do an upgrade on the Rig I've got at the Minute. Oviously I could have a look and shop around online, but what should I expect for that price range in comparison to the 8800 I've got at the minute?

PP you seem like the man to see, what is the next card up from this and the next card down from this. does that make sence? Tech specks say, PCIe 2.0, will this card be compatible with the bord I have at the minute wich is running the 8800GT. Checked on the Nvidia web site and its also a PCIe 2.0 the 8800GT so I can not see a problem. But just want to check. Can you see a problem with the Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 chassis in way of fitting this card in to the case. And last question, what about the Power connectors on the acutall card. Would it be the same as a 8800GT.

Edit: I need this Card. :devil:

Back
Top Bottom