Can someone help me, is this laptop worth it?

i dont know how to do either, but i'm sure someone could show me how or i could read up on it, wat gh should i bring it down to?

Well...I've never OCed, you need to ask a person who has. I just know that lowering your clock will allow you to use less voltage therefore less power therefore you will emit less heat.

well i doubt the laptop will allow him to over/underclock the normal bios way thats why i suggested using software

ok this is realllly pissing me off i'm installing windows xp home sp2 and i have the fucking charger plugged in and is charging the laptop but it keeps fucking beeping and is not recognizing the charger!!!WTF COULD THAT BE THE BATTERY PACK? CUZ THE BATTERY IS BAD!

have you tried removing the battery while it is on the charger. It shouldn't need it to run. It sounds like you don't know enough that you should be attempting to fix that laptop from the way you've been talking. I'd save your money for one that won't need to be repaired.

If you did know what you were doing, like I said, I would pretty much disassemble the laptop to get all the dust out, chances are if your overheating that bad canned air is not going to help that much being that the dust is probably really packed into some tight places. Since you would already have it apart I would redo the thermal paste as well. This whole thing will be time consuming and not for the faint of heart so given your responses I don't recommend even bothering.

The beeping your getting is probably the laptop saying it is getting to hot or it is a post error. You are very unspecific which makes it very hard to give you much for ideas. As for the people saying to underclock it, good luck with figuring out how to do it, chances are you won't find a way.

have you tried removing the battery while it is on the charger. It shouldn't need it to run. It sounds like you don't know enough that you should be attempting to fix that laptop from the way you've been talking. I'd save your money for one that won't need to be repaired.

If you did know what you were doing, like I said, I would pretty much disassemble the laptop to get all the dust out, chances are if your overheating that bad canned air is not going to help that much being that the dust is probably really packed into some tight places. Since you would already have it apart I would redo the thermal paste as well. This whole thing will be time consuming and not for the faint of heart so given your responses I don't recommend even bothering.

The beeping your getting is probably the laptop saying it is getting to hot or it is a post error. You are very unspecific which makes it very hard to give you much for ideas. As for the people saying to underclock it, good luck with figuring out how to do it, chances are you won't find a way.

thank u for ur info and feedback, mucho appreciated. i dont know some stuff about computers (desktops) not laptops, thats y i made this post to be informed and to get help in dealing with this troublesome issue. Now i am going to take apart the laptop sometime soon and put ne thermal paste on the cpu i have ARTCITC SILVER which i heard is the best to use. and also i am going to used the canned air to clean out the entire laptop on the inside and see what happens. but thank u again for ur courtesy on this matter. and overclocking i hope i can do with out for the moment.

thank u for ur info and feedback, mucho appreciated. i dont know some stuff about computers (desktops) not laptops, thats y i made this post to be informed and to get help in dealing with this troublesome issue. Now i am going to take apart the laptop sometime soon and put ne thermal paste on the cpu i have ARTCITC SILVER which i heard is the best to use. and also i am going to used the canned air to clean out the entire laptop on the inside and see what happens. but thank u again for ur courtesy on this matter. and overclocking i hope i can do with out for the moment.

no problem at all man, hopefully all works out for you. At the very least if you got it really cheap you can consider it a learning experience even if it doesn't work any better when you put it back together. Gives you a chance to experience something new, good luck, let me know if I can be of further help as well. :)

It will cost you about $130 to get a new battery pack.
$130+$150=$280 I wouldn't buy it from him. You can get a better laptop for a couple hundred bucks more.

i can get a new battery pack online brand new for $68 shipped.... and can someone tell me how exactly to update the drivers??? i tried doing it through control panel etc etc and that doesnt work.

Back
Top Bottom