Can someone check out my PC builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuBrEy Online

In Runtime
Okay I currently have two computers ... OEM ones a PIII (SLOT) and a Celeron, looking at the video card it gets no better so I decided to BUILD two computers.

I will order one first then test it out, if I am proud I'll do my other one!

The first one, will have to be a gooden as I will use this all the time (ALL the TIME!) for CSS and Doom 3.

The second will be for my sisters if they want internet access, also when my friends come they'll be able to play games, via LAN!

I'm not into overcocking but maybe, just maybe one day I'll see the light anyway the computers will hopefully be built soon, before crimbo!

here are my ideal specs!

FIRST COMPUTER
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
£93

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus NCQ 80GB SATA 8MB Cache
£40

Antec SLK3000B Midi Tower Case (Top one)
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Antec_Cases.html
£34

3200+ Venice 90nm
£150

Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2 Pro TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2
£64 (1) // £91 (2)

Antec NeoPower 480W ATX2.0
£85

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI
£270

SECOND COMPUTER
MSI K8N Neo4-F nForce4 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
£72

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus NCQ 80GB SATA 8MB Cache
£40

Antec Super LANBOY Aluminum Super Mini Tower Case
£58

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
£120

Crucial 512MB (2 X 256MB) DDR PC3200 CAS3
£38

Akasa Ultra Quiet 400W Paxpower Active PFC ATX2.0 PSU - Black Nickel with Blue LED Fan
£46

XFX GeForce PCX6600 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) – Retail
£93

Okay maybe I'd be better off toning the second one down, with a 6200?

So could someone check they are all compatable and would be value for money!

I'll probberly be ordering from http://www.overclockers.co.uk

I don't need a DVD/CD drive or a bigger HDD I have an external one!

Both of those are good, I wish i had PC's so my friends could LAN, we can only LAN oldskool games on my laptop's unless i haul my PC to my friends house

In the second one, maybee only get cheaper single stick of 512 ram for now and another 512 later, and defiantly get a 6600GT and not a 6600

You might want to look into the DFI lanparty motherboard for your gaming computer. Also, we've had a discussion on this topic before somewhere, but don't buy the OverClocked graphics card from BFG. You'll want to go with the 6800GT or Ultra from Leadtek or eVGA OR you can wait until the new set of cards comes out and the prices will drop on the 6800's. If you buy the overclocked one, you are paying about an extra $50-$80 for something that you could VERY EASILY do yourself, AND they only overclock it by a small amount (maybe 20 MHz). I'll tell you this... if you get a regular 6800GT and decide to overclock on your own, the chances are that you'll be able to get at least 50 MHz out of it without ordering a new fan or heatsink. Buying the overclocked one from BFG isn't worth it in my opinion... anyone else have input on this?

obviously he's not into overclocking

anyways, that mobo is fine

and plus, he has cheap ram, which isn't good for overclocking (well not all cheap ram are bad..)

I never said to order from newegg did I? I just said he should get that RAM. There are other sites. I just provided the link for him to look at and decide whether or not he likes it or not.

Good golly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom