Can not get new laser printer to work at all on windows 7, what a joke.

apples0_17

Baseband Member
Printer is a samsung CLP-620ND
Windows 7

Have tried both USB and Ethernet connection
Was able to print 4 or 5 pages then it just died in the arse.

Have re installed drivers three times now, check that I have windows 7 64bit drivers.

It will show a printer in the devices area along with the fax etc.

Keeps getting this error,

------------
Printer Error
An unknown error occurred while printing.
-------------

This is a freaking joke, how friggin hard does it have to be to install a printer these days.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Peter
Australia

Can you install it on another machine with the same OS to check that it's nothing on your machine that's interfering? If so and you get the same issue, I'd contact the manufacturer - it sounds suspiciously like a driver issue or perhaps even a hardware fault.

I don't have another machine with the same OS, but I do have on with XP.

Again just now I printed off a test page from the LCD screen from the printer itself and it works.

I wounder if I can get a previous version of a driver for it?
Is it even worth contacting samsung to get an answer, the machine will be covered in cobwebs by then most likely, ???

I'd contact samsung, though I think something is up with Windows here. My computer updated a while back, and since then, I can't get either of my printers working. Same error.

Print something from your XP machine and see if it works or not. It'll at least tell us that the printer is working properly. A test page from the printer itself doesn't rule out every hardware issue.

Where are you getting your drivers from? I've had better luck with printers in Windows 7 if I use Windows Update to find the drivers instead of using the drivers on the manufacturer's website. I know it sounds retarded, but that's been my experience...

Well good news, I managed to get it going. Touch wood....

This time I went for the custom install option from the menu, not just they normal or typical one.
So far so good.

And samsung has a real time live chat person there online to talk to you as well, that was great to see.

Back
Top Bottom