Can not boot into safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuNiX

In Runtime
Hey guys heres what i did, its a lot so bear with me.

i have two hard drives, HDDA and HDDB.

last night i had a linux EXT3 partition on HDDA and an NTFS "Windows xp media center edition 2005".
on HDDB i had 2, 30GB NTFS partitions that just held data. they are non boot able and are just for storage. and 1 EXT3 Linux Swap partition. for those of you that don't know what that is its for the linux operating system to run normally.

today i deleted the linux and windows partition on HDDA and i deleted the EXT3 on HDDB. i then used my Gateway windows xp media center edition 2005 restore disk to restore HDDA to a windows only NTFS partition.

---------------------THE PROBLEM----------------------------

now for some reason i can not boot to windows safe mode, the F8 key does nothing at botup and the Microsoft configuration tool (start > Run > msconfig) BOOT.INI does nothing at all.

any ideas? ill give you guys any information you need including screen shots of whatever. thanks.

My computer specifications:
Gateway GT5012
Older Radion ATI X1300 or something.
Service Pack 3, All Available Updates Installed.
All components and hardware up to date, present, and installed.

See my sig. for more specifications.

Just sounds like a bad install of Windows. Please tell me you did a full format and not a quick...

Now that you meantion it I didn't format at all I thought my restore disk would do that but all
I did was delete partitions. Do I really need to format and redo my whole install ? x0

From the sounds of it yes. There is nothing that can explain why you cant get into Safe Mode unless you have a keyboard that is not being recognized before Windows loads the drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom