Can Intel E6400 Squeeze 8800 Gtx?????

themega

Beta member
I've been customizing a computer for about a month now and I can't decide which CPU, E6400 or E600, can get every drop of performance out of the beautiful 8800gtx card. Now, a VERY important note: I do not overclock. Now, I really need some advice and it's basically: What CPU, in the Intel 2 Duo cateogry, will help get a good amount of performance out of the 8800gtx. Also, what PSU will keep up with it? I NEED ANSWERS YO. I'm leaning on the E6400 (2.13 x2) for cheaper price and still great performance, but I've been reading people's rigs and they always have E6600+ with their 8800Gtx card. SO WHICH CPU??!?!?

Yeah, if you're going to spend $600 on a graphics card, and extra $100 for a very superior CPU won't hurt you.

I'd have to agree with everyone above. if your already spending that much on the video card, spend a little extra on the CPU. The E6600 works great with my GTS, so it should have absolutly no problems with the GTX.

As for teh powersupply, really as long as you have a 500W PSU, you should (i say should because most of it comes down to the PSU specs on amps) be able to power everything.

I can tell you right now, every processor in the market will bottleneck a 8800GTX no matter what. You should choose which processor will bottleneck it the least and which one fits your budget better.

Dont go with the e6400 if your gonna get a really good graphics card and a good cpu, get a e6600 for about only 35 bucks more for a really good cpu. (btw im getting these prices of newegg).

I can tell you right now, every processor in the market will bottleneck a 8800GTX no matter what. You should choose which processor will bottleneck it the least and which one fits your budget better.

i dont think so i think an over clocked e6600 at 3 ghz would work just fine
with no bottle neck but i agree with u that most prossesors would boddle neck right now untill qaud core comes out when quad core is out i doubt bottle necking

Back
Top Bottom