can I uninstall SP2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
Can I uninstall SP2? it camee with the xp pro cd but I think I upgraded from windows XP pro to windows Xp pro sp2.
Is there a way to go back to xp pro?
If I use XP pro or XP pro SP1 Cd and do a repair, will it work? Will my sysyem go back? is there any risk that the system will crach or I will loose some files?

Thanx

Yes u can uninstall SP2 , via 2 ways :

First :

Click Start > Control panel > Add/Remove programs , if u see SP2 in the programs list just choose to remove it .

Second :

Try this way only if u didnt see SP2 in the prog list.......

1- Click start > Run

2- Type cmd (Enter)

3-In the command prompt type exactly
cd %systemroot%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\ (Enter)

4-Type spuninst.exe (Enter)

5- Restart ur pc and it should be removed.

However , i dont recommend u remove it at all , if its causing issue for ya...u could configure it instead of removing.

I wouldnt recommend uninstalling SP2 at all. Unless you have everything backed up. Why do you want to uninstall it?

ya I do have everything backed up...the thing is that the computer is not working well...gmail is not oppening and the DVD which I have all my data backed up is also not working

I think if I uninstall SP2, it might work...

anyway, I will need to install ME when im done fixing my computer

Well be prepared for you compared to not work well after you do this. If you are going to do this, I would suggest a clean and fresh install just to make things work slowly. I doubt that the problems you are having have anything to do with SP2.

if I do what weswes sugested, will it not work? If I remove SP2, what will happen to the copmuter? I think it was upgraded from win xp pro to win xp pro sp2...so it will go back to xp?\

is it reversable?

What do you think will happen if I repair using win xp pro or win xp pro sp1?

Thanx

It is reversable but anything can happen, you just wont know untill you do it. Whenever you make drastic changes to your OS like that, something is bound to happen, but who knows, maybe your will be just fine, theres only one way to find out....

Warez Monster said:
Why do you want to uninstall it?

Well, partly because it opens up soooooo many security flaws that wern't a problem in SP1

I managed to uninstall it (through add or remove programs) with no problem... but there is the potential for everything to get a bit messed up :( [i was lucky, I guess :D ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom