can i somehow disble the message that asks me to restart after downloading an update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
after downloading the ms netframework 1.1 or w/e it's called, i have this yellow exclamation thingy in my icon bar(bottom right corner)

the message that asks me to restart pops up every 5 minutes

can i somehow disable this? thx (i don't want to restart)

I dont know what you are talking about, since I have the .net framework installed, and it never asked me to restart. You could try typing msconfig in your run bar and disabling the service that is promting you to do it...

no i mean like whenever you do the automatic windows update to install new stuff from ms such as security patches, they prompt you to restart to have the files installed take effect

Um? Are you serious? After getting updates why won't you want to restart? That doesn't make any sense. After the updates are downloaded, don't select to install them until you are ready to restart. Windows needs to be restarted for all installed files to be properly installed. If you don't restart and continue to use windows you may create more problems then it's worth.

Just restart. Take 5 minutes out of you busy PC schedule to do it.
Geez...

Well I have the biggest day tommarow so don't worry about your 5 minutes... I have to rename about 1600 MP3 files and transfer them through a network. Big Big day. also say bye bye to my second harddrive. :((

Oh lol, yeah you would want to restart after that. If you do a lot of updates your system will be bogged down anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom