Can I make a DVD of a licensed video I downloaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KShef

Baseband Member
My cousin's daughter was in a swim meet that was video-recorded by a company (Event Reflects) whose website we cannot find anymore. She paid for the video, downloaded it with the media player license, and had no problem until she tried it on another computer.

From what I understand, if she saved the license somewhere she should be able to restore it in MediaPlayer. Isn't there a way to burn it to DVD using audio and video outputs from a computer? Nero and every other software app we use to open it fails, except Windows MediaPlayer.

Licensing is a good idea to me, but when you pay for something there ought to be a way you can have your way with it so long as you're not making money from someone else's work.

backep the license to disc. copy it to the other computer. restore it in wmp (manage license). burn to dvd

I was able to restore the license and WMP will play it but no DVD burning software can open it so that we can make a DVD-Video of it and play it in a standard player (the kind that can be played on TV).

KShef said:
I was able to restore the license and WMP will play it but no DVD burning software can open it so that we can make a DVD-Video of it and play it in a standard player (the kind that can be played on TV).

what kind of video is it?

wmv or dvr-ms

KShef said:

Try this software. It should be able to burn the DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom