Can I install Windows 7 on a newer UEFI PC?

littleefoxx

Baseband Member
Hello there. I have an HP Touchsmart 11 (pavilion 11-e010nr) which came with Windows 8 pre-installed. Of course, I promptly formatted to remove the bloatware and installed my own copy of Windows 10.

I've been permanently upgraded to Windows 10 since I got this laptop, and I was fine with it at first. BUT I'M SICK OF IT NOW! Every update, something breaks and my Skype won't even auto-login anymore.

Rather than try and solve all my issues, I would much rather just downgrade back to Windows 7, where I know how things work. The issue is that this machine is too new. There are no drivers besides Win8 and 10. It's a UEFI computer of course.

Basically I'm wanting to know if there's a way I can get Windows 7 on this machine, and have all my hardware working properly. Any suggestions?

check skype for auto sign in-
also check your startup programs-
and I am gonna suggest learning windows 10- unless you know somebody who can program you drivers-

That's not what I asked. I guess I'll just go buy an older machine. Windows 10 is complete crap half the time. Microsoft doesn't listen to what their users want. I also hate the fact that my computer reboots whenever it feels like, and messing with automatic updates breaks other features and such. I've been with it since the technical preview and they add more and more crap every update that often just makes my system run slower. This machine was built for Windows 8 and barely runs it without lag.

No you can not. Short of knowing a really good programmer or hardware guru(<maybe). Learning how to effectively use win 10 will solve most problems you complain of. The reboots can be set to happen during non-active hours. Depending on which version of windows 10 you have you can also alter how windows updates.

Okay well, question answered. It's not possible to get drivers unless someone writes them for me which isn't easy nor something a person would realistically want to do.

I don't see it as 'using' Windows 10. For me, it's more of a 'dealing with'. I simply use my laptop for communication and maybe some games now and then. I don't need all these features and updates for things that don't need updating. I want to go back to Windows 7 either way. I know how to use Windows 10 but this machine has undesirable specs and even a fresh installation has lag and skips. I'm not ignorant of how to enable and disable certain things. But look at this way: I didn't have ANY of these problems with Windows 7. Why fix all these problems when I didn't even want the operating system in the first place? I appreciate your suggestion, but that's not what I want otherwise I would've asked how to fix my Windows 10 issues. I simply want to go back and not use an operating system that was designed for cell phones and tablets.

Anyways, thank you for letting me know that it isn't so simple.

Back
Top Bottom