Can I hook a tow hitch to my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clipless asctually can make it easier. You can pull on the upstroke.

Clipless release sideways, so you do have to lerarn to sorta twist your foot as you take your foot off... It does take a bit to get use to it.

Clipless asctually can make it easier. You can pull on the upstroke.

Clipless release sideways, so you do have to lerarn to sorta twist your foot as you take your foot off... It does take a bit to get use to it.

Yea, I've read all about them, but I'm not too graceful yet. I tend to put my foot down a lot, and until I get to the point where I'm comfortable I'm just going to stay with platforms. I've contemplated getting a road bike and putting clipless on there so I can get used to it, but that's money that I don't need to spend just yet.

Surprisingly I got the hitch already. Didn't get the rack yet (scheduled for Tuesday). Didn't take much effort to put it on, besides the awkwardness of having to hold a relatively heavy rack in a bench-press motion, keep it steady with 1 hand while trying to line up the bolts with the other hand. It's a U-HAUL brand, which made me feel more confident about it once I unboxed it.

Never tried clipless pedals. I've been tempted to, but on most of the trails I ride on, they're extremely technical. I can see clipless being the reason I just dead-drop to the right/left when I run into a snag without being able to keep myself upright.

But we'll see if I get gutsy anytime soon. :p

I have heard of stories like this. The particular hitch I got is rated @ 2,000 pounds towing weight and 300 lbs or so tongue weight. Three bikes alone won't ever come near that, so I don't expect to run into that issue. It bolts in 3 places underneath the car, and I've heard of users using this same package with decent success. Believe me, I did my homework. :p

I know you wasn't planning on towing anything HEAVY, but I figured I would warn you, another thing, if you ever sell the car, probably the best thing to do, is rip the rack off and have the holes plugged :p

I know you wasn't planning on towing anything HEAVY, but I figured I would warn you, another thing, if you ever sell the car, probably the best thing to do, is rip the rack off and have the holes plugged :p

I never plan to sell the car. I always buy cars with the intention of driving them until they're flat out dead. Then I'll upgrade to a different one.

The holes are there from the factory. There were already bolts in there too. I just had longer bolts supplied with the hitch which replaces them.

That, and some car manufactures void transmission warranty if the car didn't come with the hitch stock.

The car had an option for a tow hitch stock. My car just didn't have it (along with cruise control and ABS, however it's loaded with every other option). That's why this transition was relatively easy. Not to mention, my car is a 2001 and bought used. My warranty is long since over. :)

lol, when I bought my 97 back in 07 or 06, it was still under warranty, even though I bought it as used, it all transferred over to me.

Oh well, congrats on it all.

Wanna pull em? :p lmfao sry, had to say it >_>

lol, when I bought my 97 back in 07 or 06, it was still under warranty, even though I bought it as used, it all transferred over to me.

Oh well, congrats on it all.

Wanna pull em? :p lmfao sry, had to say it >_>

I bought my Hyundai used from the actual Hyundai dealership. The previous owner simply traded in his 01 Elantra for an 06 Elantra, which is when I got it.

I got the remainder of the 100k mile warranty, but the 10 year warranty wasn't transferable (at least at that time). I have 136k miles on the car now.

Dang... I bought it with 50k and it has 136k on it. That's a good chunk in just under 4 years time. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom