can I find a key stroker virus on my new used Laptop

yes thats exactly what I'm trying to accomplish backing up the files on the 250GB ssd.
my priority right now is to acess files that are on my old C drive from previous LT that's disk1 on attached image, not the OS but files on drive F: I can't access them to copy them.

OK I finalley was able to acses the files though admin privledges
it's a bunch 9GB all together started 1 hour ago though the USB 2.0 should take minium 1 hour. then I'll start w/ the new reimstall of windows.

wouldn't it be easier for me being a novis to use the copy of win7 & driver that I allready have along w/ the key code my new machine has? thanks again for advice

wouldn't it be easier for me being a novis to use the copy of win7 & driver that I allready have along w/ the key code my new machine has? thanks again for advice
Of course it would be!
But you posted that you did not trust the person or windows version that was on that pc.
You asked about a key logger?
If your not trusting the seller of your laptop then why would you use the O.S. and drivers he is providing you?

I have the OS win7/driver from my previous LT. I was not planning to use the sellers OS.

what I was concerned about was the new LTs key code being compatiable w/ my win7 OS on my previous LTs HDD.

I have the OS win7/driver from my previous LT. I was not planning to use the sellers OS.

what I was concerned about was the new LTs key code being compatiable w/ my win7 OS on my previous LTs HDD.
If your referring to a type of Windows disk that came with the old laptop and it says "Acer Recovery disk" or something like that, and the newer laptop is not an Acer it might not work. The COA key on that sticker will work as long as it is for the same version...IE: Home COA for Home install.

the copy of previous LTs win7 is on it's HDD no recovery disk was ever included since XP.
I was thinking it mite be easier for me to to use either the previous LTs orginal HDD or the SSD that I migrated it's OS and files. then just keep the previous LT HDD as a back up copy for when the SSD crashs.
an yes the previous LT & the new LT both have win7 home premium mainly BC of media center. I mite swap in this previous LTs OS drive and test out the key code, then report back.
thanks

The best recommendation I can make is to do a "clean install" That means that you wipe the drive, install a fresh copy of your Windows from a disk/usb and the latest drivers provided from the manufacture.
Anything else including attempting short cuts will only make for a buggy Windows.

update: I swapped in my previous LTs SSD w/ OS/drivers & programs everything is intact even my favorite websites everything is fine now w/ my new to me LT except for the wifi needing to be wired now to my range extender.

the HDD that came w/ the ebay LT actuelly didn't need the cat5 wired connection to the range extender? also all close by wifi networks wheren't listed? if I revert back to the ebay HDD and it connects to wifi RE w/out a wired connection will that prove anything?

next I want to take JoeC advice and look into the BIOS flash.
edit: when swapping in previous LTs SSD I didn't even need to enter the key code, guess it was builtin.

Hey,
Here's how you can detect keyloggers on your computer:
  • Look for keyloggers in your running processes - Open Windows Task Manager and look for anything suspicious. ...
  • Check your firewall's activity log for anything suspicious - Use a firewall to check and control what goes in and out of your computer.

Back
Top Bottom