Can I add a graphics card to this PC?

oneill112

Beta member
This may be a stupid question, but I was thinking about buying a fully assembled desktop PC, an HP Pavilion to be precise ( Link: HP Pavilion Desktop Intel Core i7 8GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive 500-290 - Best Buy ). I don't know much about PCs, however I do know that this one uses a GPU that is built into the motherboard. It is an Intel® HD Graphics 4600, which won't be adequate for gaming. So I want to upgrade it with a graphics card, but I don't know how to start. For instance; which cards are compatible? Which cards are recommended? I'd really appreciate recommendations for a compatible card that is reasonably priced, and would handle games/media output at 1080p, and medium/high settings. Thanks in advance. :)

a problem with pre build machines is that upgrading usually are limited.
I don't know if you will be able to fit a 770 in that case.
branded cases are usually (almost always) not upgrading friendly.
Even if it does fit, prebuild systems usually use a PSU that have limited power cords that is enough to only power the hardware they have chosen for the model.
So i am not sure that you will even be able to power it. and sense the 770 needs 2x 6-pin PCI power cables, i really doubt that the PSU will be able to power it

Btw. The GPU in that computer is not located on the motherboard, but on the CPU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom