Can family see what I do using wireless internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvisno15

Baseband Member
You should never use a public wifi hot spot that isn't password protected.
My home wireless network is, but I never thought if my family could see what I'm doing. Can they? If so how can I prevent this? To be honest they probably wouldn't know how

You should never use a public wifi hot spot that isn't password protected.
My home wireless network is, but I never thought if my family could see what I'm doing. Can they? If so how can I prevent this? To be honest they probably wouldn't know how

If they have access to the router, they can technically see all the traffic going through it. Even if your router can't do it natively, they could install some other firmware which would log the traffic.

I have same problem. Some times my family check that wahat I am doing on internet as I use wi-fi
-----------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I have same problem. Some times my family check that wahat I am doing on internet as I use wi-fi
-----------------------

Hmm my question is what are you guys doing, that you don't want your family to find out what you are doing. Thank's to god I went to school for this so when my son try's to pull a fast one on me I'll be ready....

Last edited by a moderator:
^Agreed. If you are worried about being caught, stop doing it.

I will say that technically they can check if they know how to by watching the traffic on the router. It's more likely that they will just check the computer history and/or have software on the computer that monitors it.

They cannot see what you are actually doing on web pages with a router.
They will need to use a key logger or spyware on your computer or if your computer is part of a network which is under Administration control then they can monitor you and know what you are doing, then again the average home user would be limited in this knowledge.

First I want to say that I highly doubt that alot of families would do that. It's like sneaking around in somebodys room when they are not there. Secondly most won't have the knowledge of how to monitor it anyway. Don't be to paranoid. You'll be fine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom