Can Computers Rust?

Liminator

In Runtime
For some reason my basement has a very high humidity of 73% with a dehumidifier. Usually I leave my computer on but I'm going on vacation so I'm gonna turn it off. Right now I think the fan is what keeps the humidity down inside the case but its just a guess. So my question is, can computer parts rust in high humidity places?

Well, I live in Florida and we have like an 80% relative humidity inside the house. I haven't experienced any changes in performance or appearance since I have been here. I don't think that the computer parts would rust unless they come in contact with water and keep in contact with water. I wouldn't worry about rust with 73% humidity, as that is close to normal for an inside temperature-regulated room.

I would hope to God not, for your sake. My house is like 50% humidity and in this room its like 70 F ALL THE TIME, with no real problems.

Speaking of rust. I have found a old PC in the garbage today (Stripped out the good parts and threw the rest). Well, the stuf in it was nice, but what I would worry the most is the case. It was rusted.

Although, yours won't rust in a looooong while.

lhuser said:
Speaking of rust. I have found a old PC in the garbage today (Stripped out the good parts and threw the rest). Well, the stuf in it was nice, but what I would worry the most is the case. It was rusted.

Although, yours won't rust in a looooong while.

Your luck amazes me.

Back
Top Bottom