Can anyone help???

gabel1

Baseband Member
I am having a little bit of difficulty. Under my network connections, I have a connection that I made under broadband for my dsl connection and then under my LAN or High Speed Internet, it shows a local area connection. Why does this say that there is limited or no connectivity? It is a linksys fast ethernet adapter. I can still connect to the internet with my connection under broadband. I just have one pc and a dsl modem.

so your internet works fine????

you have a local area connection???

and a broadband connection that you created???

do you have two ethernet cards???

I have only one ethernet card and a built in one on my mobo but i didn't install the software for that one. and yes, my internet works fine.

ok than right click->properties->hardware->device manager-> and tell me how many enet cards are detected, if there is only one, go to other devices and see if you see one there

When I went into device manager, I got my linksys network card under network adapters and under other devices, there is something that says ethernet controller with a yellow exclamation point over it.

is that local area connection under wireless network connections?
if so it says limited or no connectivity because it isnt connected to a network

gabel1 said:
When I went into device manager, I got my linksys network card under network adapters and under other devices, there is something that says ethernet controller with a yellow exclamation point over it.

The yellow explanation point means drivers are not installed for the device. You said you have a built in Cat5 connection on the mobo, and didn't install the software for it, this is where you see it at. This is also the reason it shows up in network connections, with limited or no connectivity. XP see's the device, but doesn't know how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom