Can anyone help me find

Wartung

Baseband Member
Windows 7 Home Premium in french?

Not too long ago, I downloaded the english version successfully and reformatted my laptop for the first time. Now, I'd like to help a friend of mine out by reformatting his laptop and reinstalling windows for him. The problem is I can't find working french installation files. The Digital River download links for the french versions don't work. The "French x64: X17-59009.iso" doesn't even download. Windows Ultimate in french, downloads and then when I try to burn it to a cd it screws up. Like I said, I've already done this with the english version and I've installed it on two different computers, it works fine. I know what I'm doing, I have somewhat of a background in computers so I have done as much troubleshooting as I can. I tried burning it with two different programs, in both instances the thing failed when it was almost finished around at least 90%.

Is there a working link somewhere to versions of w7hp in french?

Thank you

Windows is windows. The French version is just windows with the french language pack preinstalled.
Have you used the key before? Maybe it's used up. 1 license = 1 computer... unless it's a family pack or something else for business use.

Um I thought Windows licenses were for 2 CPUs. Mostly so that said buyer can upgrade and doesn't feel like Microsoft is completely ripping them off.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Um I thought Windows licenses were for 2 CPUs. Mostly so that said buyer can upgrade and doesn't feel like Microsoft is completely ripping them off.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

No, Windows licenses are only for one machine and one machine only. The only time I can think of that Microsoft has given multiple activations of one key is for office home and student.

I can't really think of anything other then the following:
  • Call Microsoft tech support. They can properly do something for you
  • Download a cracking tool. You have a license after all, so you should not feel ashamed.
    I have a license aswell, but i have gotten new motherboard so i was having problems reactivating windows.
    Didn't use much time on it though. I just said F*ck It

Last edited:
I can't really think of anything other then the following:
  • Call Microsoft tech support. They can properly do something for you
  • Download a cracking tool. You have a license after all, so you should not feel ashamed.
    I have a license aswell, but i have gotten new motherboard so i was having problems reactivating windows.
    Didn't use much time on it though. I just said F*ck It

We can't recommend him download a cracking tool, Its against the rules..

Yeah it's pushing it, i know.
But i didn't tell him how.

It's just an easy way to fix his problem. He does have a payed license after all.

Back
Top Bottom