Can anyone help me find a part for the PS2?

well first before buying the whole thing, try getting a new ribbon cable, its possible that one of the leads in that got messed up, try that, and if that doesnt fix it try a whole new motor/laser assembly

and where to buy those accesories, is where he got the ps2 modded, or you could even order online like you have that ebay ad there thats really the only way, as i no;) GL tho

He did the mod himself. No parts to buy, you just remove the part that stops the disk from spinning or something, so you can swap disks with backups. But while doing a disk swap, he thinks he put too much pressure on it and broke the motor...

Definitely attempt a replacement of the ribbon cable before you thin about touching the laser/motor assembly because thats costy business. Also i thought you could only achieve this mod with a phat PS2, had he successfully achieved results with this mod before bcos i didn't know a slim
PS2 was modifiable in his way.

Well, he didnt actually get a chance to test it... He was aquiring the AO beta of manhunt 2, he has the M version, and he was just doing a disc swap test with a blank disk or something, and it happened. So he never did a real swap.

My uncle has a slim PS2 that wont power up, pretty sure the only problem is the power assembly, disc assembly should still work, if youd want to buy it for parts use ill find out if he wants to list it on ebay he would prolly sell it for like 30 maybe? Idk. Lmk though.

That sounds good. Did he try and mod it as well? My friend told me if you bump something near the power switch, it can cause that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom