Can anyone help me clean up my computer?

Uh oh, you better go set these guys straight: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=87761 ;)

haha, no joke. It's not my loss if they get a virus though. After working in the computer industry for just over 2 years now, I can't say I'm surprised when I see anything go wrong with someones computer. Personally, if you don't know how to be safe online, or you plan on getting ANYTHING for free, just get a Mac.

It is definitely more of the persons fault than the products. Don't be stupid on the internet and you won't get viruses.

I've been using free virus programs for years, and have yet to run into problems. Heck, I've even gone some times where I had no virus programs installed. Yet never experienced anything unusual. Then later on, when a virus program was installed, there were still no viruses.

I'd have to say MalwareBytes Anti-Virus. I've used it 5 or 6 times to get rid of this same program without trouble. It has totally gotten rid of any rouge antivirus program it's run across, as well as finding some other things to get rid of while it was at it.

Sorry, this is why you don't use free Anti-virus programs. You are **** stuck if you get anything. Though lecturing won't do any good for you, spend the $50/year to get yourself protected, or ask your ISP if they provide a product as a paying customer so it's not so much of a hassle.

Again I disagree with you. I use Avast! and AVG on my PC's and never had ONE single problem. The "free" ones you stay away from are the internet adds that say "Your PC may be infected! Scan for free by clicking here!" those, are BAD.

those are virus's haha. funny and ironic how they say we will help you and they dont haha.

cause more grief than they are worth like the adds saying your the 1 millionth viewer those pee me off.

Back
Top Bottom