Can any one identify this plug?!!

puzzled look

Beta member
Hi

I have a load of ethernet network ports on my house I have jut moved into and the all lead to on central hub.

To activate each port an ethernet cable is taken from the hub to a swith/junction box which is connected to the main line that comes into the house.

My question is I only have one cable with ethernet plug on on end and some strange plug on the other which connects each port to the switch.

I would like to buy more but I'm not sure what to ask for?

Pictures attached.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Plug.JPG
    Plug.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Hub.JPG
    Hub.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 11
From the second picture, that basically looks like what is used for a telephone system. Either a 110 or KRONE Type IDC. Some panels take both. But the pictures aren't big enough to make out for sure.

Personally i would get a multimeter and check the pinouts just to make sure and the correct tool and punch them down on the panel myself. And do away with them funky looking ends. But on the other hand it is all standard networking gear so i'm pressuming the leads are CAT5/6 which coincide with whats on the panel. And if this is actually for telephone's then usually you only need 1 of the 8 pairs in the cabling to make a connection. If it's for Data then is just a matter of following the colour code.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom