nVidia Geforce 7300LE 256MB

and COD5's requirements are

Windows XP or Windows Vista
Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz or AMD 64 3200+ processor
512 MB (1 GB for Vista)
8 GB of free space
Nvidia GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X1600
DirectX 9.0c compliant card

Though not by a huge margin, my PC surpasses those requirements. What could be causing the game to run choppy?

Sensors:
Code:
Temperatures:
      Motherboard                                       41 °C  (106 °F)
      CPU                                               40 °C  (104 °F)
      GPU                                               61 °C  (142 °F)
      Hitachi HDS728080PLA380                           36 °C  (97 °F)

Cooling Fans:
      CPU                                               3210 RPM

Voltage Values:
      CPU Core                                          0.89 V
      +3.3 V                                            3.32 V
      +5 V                                              5.10 V
      +12 V                                             11.69 V
      VTR                                               3.35 V
      Debug Info F                                      92 06 FF FF FF FF FF FF
      Debug Info T                                      28 29 80 81
      Debug Info V                                      00 72 C1 C4 BB

what settings are you running the game on? i know you meet those requirements, but those may be the minimum requirements. If your are looking for a quick fps boost, I would recommend a new video card such as the EVGA 8800GT.

Another 1gb of ram would make it better too. Unfortunately Minimum System requirements do not ensure you a good playing expereince, just an experience - whether it be good or bad.

I can see why it's choppy for you, upgrade your system and the games fun will increase ten fold :)

Yea. Upgrade your GPU and get another GB of memory and you will see gaming performance increase substantially.

Everyone is right, the minimum says a 6600, the 7300LE is not as powerful as a 6600. That will make the game playable, but if you have any extra money ... upgrading anything else would drastically help too.

In case you didn't know a higher number on the graphics card doesn't always mean its faster.

Charts, benchmarks Gaming Graphics Charts Q3/2008, Call of Duty 4 v1.6 Shows the faster versions of the 7300 being slower than a 6600gt in cod4 (which is the same engine as WaW.)

And on this sites graphic cards rankings a regular 6600 is ranked 108 compared to 137 for the 7300le http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-card-rankings-139202/

So actually your card does not meet the minimum requirements. Theres a lot of things in the name of a card that tell its relative performance compared to other cards from the same company but the best way to tell is to look at a review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom