Cable Internet Question

rohan23

Fully Optimized
For me to go SLI, I will either have to give up my sound or wireless internet card. I do love my sound card too much. My modem is connected to my wireless router on the second floor of our house. If I bring it down to the basement and connect it to a cable output, will it work?

If you connect the modem to the output in the basement? Yes, I believe it should be no problem. You can also get a USB wireless adapter, if you still wanna be wireless that is.

If you connect the modem to the output in the basement? Yes, I believe it should be no problem. You can also get a USB wireless adapter, if you still wanna be wireless that is.

I really want to be hard wired. I don't like the speed my sister gets with the USB adapter.

I'm confused (which isn't hard to do).

What are you thinking of moving? The computer, modem, or router?

The modem and the wireless router to a cable jack in the basement.

I take it your computer is in the basement too.

Yes, that should work as long as you have onboard LAN. I pity your sister's connection though. Her and anybody else in the house who are connected wirelessly may suffer.

I take it your computer is in the basement too.

Yes, that should work as long as you have onboard LAN. I pity your sister's connection though. Her and anybody else in the house who are connected wirelessly may suffer.

She's the only other person that will use it. I stopped playing 360, so that doesn't matter anymore. All she does is surf the web and watch videos on youtube. I have a laptop, but I only use it for editing, not getting on the web. I use it sometimes to get on webcam chat with some friends.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you wanting to relocate your modem and wireless router to the basement? Is that all? I don't fully understand what you're trying to achieve.

Here is how I am understanding it: There is not enough room in your case to add another video card and keep your wireless network card. So you must give up your wireless internet and switch to a wired internet. I'm going to guess that the wireless router has wired ports on it as well and you must move it to the basement so you can reach it?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you wanting to relocate your modem and wireless router to the basement? Is that all? I don't fully understand what you're trying to achieve.

Here is how I am understanding it: There is not enough room in your case to add another video card and keep your wireless network card. So you must give up your wireless internet and switch to a wired internet. I'm going to guess that the wireless router has wired ports on it as well and you must move it to the basement so you can reach it?

Yes, that's the case. I just wanted to know if I could get a connection through any cable port in the house.

Who's your ISP?

It's Comcast.

Yes, that's the case. I just wanted to know if I could get a connection through any cable port in the house.
Yes, you can get an internet connection through any cable outlet in the house. We have Comcrap too. Good service, just too damned expensive.

Back
Top Bottom