Cable internet problem.

SAVAGE420

Beta member
Hi i just joined here.

Im having a problem with my cable internet. For about the last 5 days at about 9-930PM till about 230AM my internet will not work. So if i try and open Google or anything internet related, it will just sit there and load and load and 1% of the time it will go but that's about it then still wont get anywhere after that.

Works perfect during the day time though. I haven't messed with any settings or anything, ive tried resetting the modem about 50 times and even reformatted my computer, still nothing from 9-930PM-230AM every night.

Im not sure why its doing this and its making me VERY mad and the ISP is of no help really as they wont come here that late at night. Thing is when i check the connection when it wont work it looks fine...some times the ping and stuff wont be right but if i check again right away it will be fine, but still wont work...its like my Ethernet connection is spiking up and down...i have no idea whats going on and its very frustrating trying to run my ebay business when i cant get on at night.

Like right now all the lights are on the modem and the data is even blinking, does the exact same thing when it wont work at night ether..im stumped.

My cable modem is a Terayon Tj715x.
Im connected through Mascon internet here.

Not sure if you guys need any more info but if you do just ask.
ANY help appreciated.

Thanx
Chris.

well my knowledge on this type of thing is pretty limited but there are two things i think you could try

go into your internets properties and see if anything has changed since the last time you looked at it

or get a new internet service provider if it bugs you a lot i suggest vonage comcast or at t

Everything in internet property's is just the way they were for ever. Everything seems right there.

Also i have not to many choices were i am, there's one cable places for internet or i could get satellite internet but that's $$$.

I live very rural so i don't have alot of choices to choose from.

When i lived in a town i could get basically any internet but not out here....

I called again and got mad and demanded someone come out to my place, so someones coming tomorrow.

I will post up what it is , so if anyone else has or is having this problem it could help.

Im leaning towards mabey my Ethernet card or there modem is going wack....

Chris

ya i had a problem kinda like ures, we got a new modem and router and it was fixed. how old are your modem router ethnet card etc.?

Modem is the ISP's im using for free, i don't use a router and Ethernet card is about 5 years old.

My computer is a top notch liquid cooled gaming machine with nothing spared, so i keep it all in tip top shape.

Just this is there problem and its not on my end, just curious if someone else had there's do the same thing at certain times of day....

Can you browse into the modem's configuration page with a web browser? If so, you might want to see if the security settings were messed with or accidentally changed. On some devices you can cut off internet access between certain hours (might be listed under "Parental Controls"). Just an idea...

well id say its either the modem or ethernet card

just curious, whats in your rig and what liquid cooling do u have i was thinking about getting a liquid system for the new rig im building

I had a very similar problem last week with my internet, except I could get online at night but not during the day. Anyway, after much troubleshooting I concluded that the cable coming into my house was giving a weak or noisy signal. I called TimeWarner to check the cable, they confirmed weak signal and old worn out cable wiring. They replaced the main cable coming into my house from the power line. My internet works like a charm now.

Can you browse into the modem's configuration page with a web browser? If so, you might want to see if the security settings were messed with or accidentally changed. On some devices you can cut off internet access between certain hours (might be listed under "Parental Controls"). Just an idea...

Sounds like an idea for sure, where can i get into all these settings, as ive never had to mess with Parental Controls before.

Thanx bud i will almost try anything right now.

I had a very similar problem last week with my internet, except I could get online at night but not during the day. Anyway, after much troubleshooting I concluded that the cable coming into my house was giving a weak or noisy signal. I called TimeWarner to check the cable, they confirmed weak signal and old worn out cable wiring. They replaced the main cable coming into my house from the power line. My internet works like a charm now.

Isn't it annoying lol...anyway i bet it is the same problem you had, i guess i will find out tomorrow when the internet guys come here and do there thing.

Thanx for the tips guys, much appreciated.:)

Well my internet is fixed finally and works 24/7 now. WHOO-HOO.

I guess the signal to my house was really low so the guy bumped it up some how, i have no clue how but it works great now so that's all i care about.

Thanx alot guys for your ideas.

Back
Top Bottom