C programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskool

Oldie but a goodie
I can't copy a file to the same directory as the C compiler, so how do I allow that permission. Do I do a "Run As" ? The file in question is a small C program, and I am sure I have to put the file in the same directory as the compiler.

Also, could I compile a C program from within Visual Studio C++ ? It is supposed to have a built-in compiler for C, but I can't see where to use that option. I am more used to other languages besides C and C++, more GUI-related ones. Anyway, thanks for reading this far.

~oldskool

update:
I have managed to compile the program I created. Would it be possible for it to run on a 32-bit machine ? Heres the background thus far...I compiled it on this Windows 7 machine (64-bit). When I run it from the command prompt, the Window that appears says the program that created the executable (a 32-bit program) is not compatible with the 64-bit machine. It sounds like my program would have ran except I used a 32-bit program to create my C program and the 64-bit machine coughed on it.

In other words, because the file was created by a 32-bit program, is 32-bit itself (my C program), is there no way it can run on my x64 ? I would try it on my wifes laptop (x32) but she is using it. :p

Ah, forget it. I was able to compile and run my C program. I did the same thing yesterday, but today it worked. Must have typoed something. Resolved.

lol, well just where the chair meets the keyboard usually :p

I resolved the issue by trying it again, compiling it from the Visual Studio command line, and then at the C:/> prompt, ran the executable, and voila ! I just wanted to see how to compile and run a C program to get my feet wet with it. All is good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom