C++ help

There. Edited my answer to give an explanation. Now it's legit, right? :p

Better :p.

I suppose we should probably stop telling exactly what's wrong with the program though and try to let OP figure it out on his own somewhat eh? Since debugging is as big of a part to programming as the actual coding itself.

Better :p.

I suppose we should probably stop telling exactly what's wrong with the program though and try to let OP figure it out on his own somewhat eh? Since debugging is as big of a part to programming as the actual coding itself.

While that's true, it might not be good for OP's learning if we just say "Figure it out on your own.", even though that might help them develop some googling techniques. :p

Last edited:
While that's true, it might not be good for OP's learning if we just say "Figure it out on your own.", even though that might help them develop some googling techniques. :p

Not saying to say "figure it out on your own", but rather post hints instead of direct solutions. If we keep giving the answers, he won't necessarily know why it's the correct answer :p.

When I tried explaining debugging issues to a friend without giving the answer, I always asked them to walk me through the program and explain what it is doing line by line. Once we got to the error, I would ask (using the sum=A+B+C example from OP) how it was getting sum when you didn't know what A, B or C was.

:D

Back
Top Bottom