C drive help

alig

Beta member
I only have 111GB in my laptop C Drive. How can I increase the size and add more GB? The only way I know how is to buy an external hard drive but its annoying having an external drive when I need to move my laptop and it is hooked up bu usb. I want at least 500GB in total for the C drive. Are there any other ways to increase it? I cant remove many other programs because I dont have very many to begin with.

the only way is to get yourself another hard drive however this could be tricky as laptops are restricted. I think its worth giving your laptop manufacturer a call to see what options you have. They may offer a replacement hard drive service. The only other option i can think of is to get yourself a USB drive or DVD's to move the files you use the least to. You can also get very portable hard drives that don't need an external source of power (run directly from the USB)

personally i would clone / image the hard-drive to a usb drive using a program like ghost or the imaging programs that come with hirens CD for free. then install a larger internal hard-drive then restore the image you made to the usb drive

They are both good ideas. Thanks for your help. I think cloning it would be a good idea. At least I could transfer everything to the way it was. When you clone the C drive, everything is on it right? Files, settings, programs, music, etc.

Back
Top Bottom