C&C Tiberium Wars demo now out

alvino said:
Yup! The Ion Cannon is a classic GDI superweapon.

I'm pretty sure your graphics card can max everything. RTS's are very CPU intensive, not GPU intensive.

Yeah, it maxed everything out. Man, this game is sweet! Although Medium is as far as I've gotten right now.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of strategies does everyone go for? :D

Jenox said:
Yeah, it maxed everything out. Man, this game is sweet! Although Medium is as far as I've gotten right now.

For most RTS's, the only strategy that ever worked for me vs. all the pros online was to rush as fast as possible...then the people would always be like ChEAt3R oMgZZ WtF D0nT Ru5H!!!!!11!11!

Jenox said:

Depends what side. For GDI, the Mammoth Tank with the Railgun upgrade is ownage. Just build up 5+ of those and you can literally destroy anything your enemy throws at you (unless they're sending Mammoth Tanks too. :p). For Nod, I usually soften them up with Artillery and then send in a mass rush of Scorpion tanks.

Since Nod is based on guerilla warfare, their units are weaker when compared unit to unit. GDI has always been based on brute force and superior firepower. Depends which suits your style.

freestyler105 said:
For most RTS's, the only strategy that ever worked for me vs. all the pros online was to rush as fast as possible...then the people would always be like ChEAt3R oMgZZ WtF D0nT Ru5H!!!!!11!11!

Haha, for Red Alert 2, one of my favorite strategies was to be Soviet (any faction) and just build the Barracks and Cloning Lab and build Conscript after Conscript until I got a HUUUGEE army of them. Next: MASS RUSH!!! So many Conscripts that usually the opponent gave up since their defenses couldn't handle it. :p

I like brute force and HUGE defenses. I'm more of a defensive player then I am Offensive. Yeah sure, you could build up a ton of units, just like everyone else, but once they run out, you have nothing to fall back on.

In RA:2 What i would do is just build a huge defensive force, mainly the turrets and AA guns. I used to put everything in the front, build off to the flanks, and eventually encompass the whole base with defensive units. Then that's when i build a super huge army and go in for the kill.

orrrr...

In C&C generals, be the Chinese Nuke general, build a HUUUUUUUGE defense, then build 10 Nuclear Missile Silos, and whipe one base at a time...:D I don't think my PC ever experienced more lag then when I dropped 14 nuclear missiles on the purple team one time. It was like, completely white screen, and all you could hear was the sounds of the infantry melting from the radiation. Good times, good times...

Yeah, that's why you build a big enough army that it pretty much wipes out everything. Building tons of Conscripts is fast and cheap, and if you mass them enough, they'll literally own anything.

It's rather intimidating when you see mass hordes of 100+ Soviet Conscripts rush from every direction. :D OR, if you like playing as Allies, build a mass horde of GI's, rush and deploy them. It'll take longer to build, but deployed GI's are so powerful when you mass them. :D

Deployed GIs owned anything. In small groups of 5 - 7 they could do serious damage to most units except mammoth tanks and air units.

Rocketers kicked ass too. instant tank pwnage. :D Best unit ever though, Prism Tanks. Weak, but good god, 8 of those could rip you a new one...:eek:

Depends. In a group, Prism Tanks were ownage. One on one, the Apocalypse Tank owned all. Of course, nothing is as ownage as the Kirov Airship. They may be slow, but get a group of them and once the bombs start falling, game over.

Back
Top Bottom