Bypassing Windows XP's limited account

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelUser101

In Runtime
my friend's dad installed windows xp on his computer but made it a limited account, i bought my friend counterstrike 1.6..now keep in mind he doesnt know the admin account name either it has no welcome screen..i spent 10 bucks and i dont like to waste money..please someone help

Re:

Hello,

I don't understand...do you need help accessing the administrator account on your friend's PC, because you want to install Counter Strike?

Also, what edition is it...Home or Professional?

The admin account is not accessible in normal mode in Home. However, you can access the admin account in normal mode in Windows XP Professional, by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del at the Welcome Screen (login screen)...

With Home Edition, you need to boot into Safe Mode in order to access the Administrator account.

With both editions, the main admin account username is Administrator, and the password is whatever was specified upon installation of the OS (depending on whether one was specified).

Once in the Administrator account, you'll be able to access User Accounts setting in the Control Panel, to change account types. In your case, changing the limited account to administrator account so that you are able to install programs.

Alternatively, you could install the game in the admin account, leaving the user account set as a limited account. But this would be inconvenient in the long run.

k snypercore, theres no need for the silly willy remarks..first of all his computer cant even get close to running Counter-Strike: Source its an 850MHz Duron with 512MB PC100, and he likes 1.6.. so yeah

silly willy? what are you a sissy? You shouldve used cuss words damnit!!lol.

The average person doesnt normally set an administrator password so unless his dad is a ubber geek and did so then you can easily correct the persmission. Simply boot the computer into safe mode and you will see the administrator account as a logon option...or if no welcome screen simply type in "administrator" for the user name with a blank password. If it takes it you can give his account permission and lock his dads account down..LOL..and set a password he wont know..and make his files private with you being the owner...ohh the joys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom