Bypass Satellite A215-S7416 Bios pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herpderp23

Baseband Member
Somehow my dad managed to lock himself out of his computer. I heard of these sort of problems randomly happening, and the bios applying a password. I've tried all sorts of default passwords but nothing seems to work. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7416.

There are 2 things underneath the keyboard itself, which might be the cmos battery, but I am not entirely sure because they look completely different than what a standard desktop motherboard battery would look like. I'm just wondering if anyone might have a solution to this, or able to locate the battery itself, or possibly a guide. I tried googling but can't really seem to come up with any good results, especially for this specific laptop.

Have you tried the old trick of removing all batteries, then shorting the cmos battery socket and powering on? It definitely works on older motherboards.

Can you be more specific about the cmos shorting process. I have watched a walk thru that was decent but I didn't have the best of luck. I used speaker wire rather than an Ethernet cord like he did and wasn't certain I was at the correct port when attempting to short it out...

Normally we don't help on trying to bypass passwords because we don't really know if the computer is yours or your dad's or one you "obtained".
Your best bet however to keep from turning that laptop in to an expensive door prop is to contact the makers tech support and let them walk you through it. They're going to ask for make and model and serial number to verify ownership.
Kaplah!

Normally we don't help on trying to bypass passwords because we don't really know if the computer is yours or your dad's or one you "obtained".

Unfortunately this is true and as a result I'm going to close this thread. Sorry and good luck.

From the Site Rules:

Discussion around the removal or recovery of passwords is limited to assistance contacting the Manufacturer (Hardware), Original Owner (Software/OS/File) or Site Authority (Web based).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom