Buzzing noise while playing games

Front and back ports tested with different headphones. Back ports tested without front ports plugged into motherboard. Different drivers.

Last thing to do is pull the board and test while not in the case.

If the buzzing sounds like a bunch of bees and you hear a pitch/tone shift when your PC mouse is moving or when you move the camera around in a game, then I've had this same issue and found the source to be dirty power or power-related noise. I bought a digital power filter, along with some cheap filters/hum destroyers and fixed the issue. (for the most part)

If you don't want to fork out the dough for a power filter or other hardware then you could at least try making sure all of the components your PC uses are hooked into the same outlet or at least on the same surge protector - I remember reading that this helps reduce interference between components that may produce noise in the power lines of your building.

Admittedly, I have a pretty unusual setup with multiple audio mixers, mics, and signal processing equipment in once place so my issue was amplified because of these pieces of equipment being more sensitive to dirty power or power related noise. If you're going straight into the headphone jack on your computer with just headphones and you're having this issue then our issues might not be the same.

Here's some cheapies I got to reduce the noise those bees make:
Noise destroyer
Magnetic cable rings for noise filtering (be sure to pick the correct size)
Price-point digital power filter (others are hundreds of dollars)

Back
Top Bottom