Buying more Ram...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something

Baseband Member
Anyway, I have 512MB PC3200 Nanya RAM. I couldn't find that company on Newegg, so I just searched to find the cheapest RAM I can. Now, I'm not into overclocking so thats not an issue. Basically, will
this

work well for me and be reliable? The reviews seem to think so.

003 said:
If you want to invest in a good upgrade, just scrap your current RAM for a set of this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218062

BTW,
The RAM you are looking at is not good at all, and it has a CL of 3, which is not good. Just scrap your current RAM for a set of the stuff I listed above. You will not be disappointed.

Their is abosuletly nothing wrong with his current ram

Yeah that stick you posted in your link will be fine :)

Well, the stuff I pointed out is most agreeably the best "value ram" on newegg. It has a CL of 2.5, and it's dual channel, which is a lot faster then just sticking in two 512mb sticks by different brands. If you can't afford it now, I suggest you save up for it, it will be worth it.

My current motherboard doesn't support dual channal, besides, I heard the performance isn't that much.

003 said:
Well, the stuff I pointed out is most agreeably the best "value ram" on newegg. It has a CL of 2.5, and it's dual channel, which is a lot faster then just sticking in two 512mb sticks by different brands. If you can't afford it now, I suggest you save up for it, it will be worth it.

A CL of 2.5 and 3 are so incredibly similar it is not noticeable at all. The performance difference is literally nanoseconds, so it is not humanly possible to notice a difference.

003 said:

Nope any RAM will peform the same on dual channel as long as it's the same timings.

Anyways, the first memory timeing is not the most important.

3-3-3-X ram outpeforms 2.5-4-4-X ram anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom