Buying a new gaming Pc, limit 2700 canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
i need help on making a pc for gaming. I dont know much about monitors so i need some help on that, i was wondering if i could get a good one at best buy or something, mostly because i can get a discount there but if it comes with a good monitor that is fine, also i dont need a mouse/keyboard for the same reason. I want to get the best performance for gaming. some things i like are:
3 gb of ram
nvidia ultra card (dont know 2 much about sli)
centrino core extreme
not looking for 2 much space in my hard drive mabe 200 gb or more
windows vista

all help will be appreciated, thanks

You could do SLI 8800GT's (as mentioned above) for about the same price as an 8800Ultra, and likely have better performance.

I'd normally suggestion an X38 motherboard, but they're just so expensive right now... I think they would go awesome with 8800GT's. Oh well, guess you'll have to settle for a 680i board instead (if you want SLI).

If you don't want SLI, go for a P35 board.

The SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" Widescreen would be an *amazing* monitor, and is probably the best you could go with for gaming, though it does come with a higher price tag.

Go with 2GB or 4GB of RAM. 3GB just seems like an odd number. I'd suggest getting 2GB now and upgrading to 4GB when you find a game that seems to need it.

I wouldn't get an extreme edition processor. The Q6600 will probably suit you just fine.

O nice case ^^ Good one. Thats a good build between the 3 of us Ryan XD I didn't tally it up but random guess is probably 1800ish.. maybe XD its 6am and I'm too tired to look sorry. Gl

dont get sli its a waste. might as well save money if GT compares to gtx. and if u do decide to get sli do not get 680i they suk for overclocking quads. i say 1x8800gt and rest of akubanes build

dont get sli its a waste. might as well save money if GT compares to gtx. and if u do decide to get sli do not get 680i they suk for overclocking quads. i say 1x8800gt and rest of akubanes build

not in this case... 8800gt in SLi beats an Ultra for way cheaper...

but the only limit to SLi is a 680i board... which will cause a price increase compared to a p35 board...

one GT comes close to a gtx and i imagine it will overclock alot being 65nm and all. so i dunt see sense in buying 2 wen could save ur money instead of getting up to 40% perf for 200% of the price of one GT

you bought a gtx, so you would have bought 2 gt's if you were buying now because it costs the same as one GTX but gets 2-3k higher in 3dmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom