Buying a New Computer - Need Advice

aceace007

Beta member
Basically I'm trying to buy a good desktop that is cheap in price($400-$600). I have spotted this computer (Amazon.com: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA880 Desktop (Black/Blue): Computers & Accessories). My friend tells me it is very good, except that it has a bad video card, and I would like to hear your opinions or suggestions. I also found a video card that is supposedly good(Amazon.com: Gigabyte GV-R775OC-1GI AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 DVI-I / D-SUB / HDMI PCI-Express 3.0 Graphic Card: Computers & Accessories).

Please give me suggestions and help me out, thank you.

That computer is pretty good for your price range. The processor in it is okay as well. The graphics card does suck and the card that you posted is a good budget upgrade. If you are not looking into building your own pc from scratch it looks good.

The 7750 line are good cards, I put one into my friends computer and it handles planetside 2, LoL, and starcraft 2 really well. I have not tried it out on any other games. You would probably have issues with Crysis 3 but you have to spend a lot to run that game well. Very good computer.

Good computer, except for the graphics card that comes with it. Thing would probably crap out running tetris, the one you picked out seems fine, don't expect to run any super-high performance games though. Oh, and if you buy anything go with tigerdirect.com , they have way cheaper prices. This graphics card will outperform the one you picked out by quite a bit: EVGA 01G-P3-1557-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Mini-HDMI, Dual DVI, DirectX 11 SLI Ready, Includes Free 3DMARK 11 w/Registration at TigerDirect.com

Good computer, except for the graphics card that comes with it. Thing would probably crap out running tetris, the one you picked out seems fine, don't expect to run any super-high performance games though. Oh, and if you buy anything go with tigerdirect.com , they have way cheaper prices. This graphics card will outperform the one you picked out by quite a bit: EVGA 01G-P3-1557-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Mini-HDMI, Dual DVI, DirectX 11 SLI Ready, Includes Free 3DMARK 11 w/Registration at TigerDirect.com

that seems like a better graphics card. Do you by any chance know any better desktops than the one I am going to buy for around the same price?

Mmmm i just recommend you to purchase Dual-core is a standard today anything above 2GHz should be sufficient for a decent experience at least 2GB ram is again - the minimum this is not official though if you have this you will be able to customize your graphics via the Options menu 1GB of video ram.

Mmmm i just recommend you to purchase Dual-core is a standard today anything above 2GHz should be sufficient for a decent experience at least 2GB ram is again - the minimum this is not official though if you have this you will be able to customize your graphics via the Options menu 1GB of video ram.

:facepalm: That is very wrong. First, get at least 4GB of RAM. Second, get a quad core, or if you can afford it get a six core. Also, OP, I recommend building your own computer. Much cheaper and you get to customize everything about it.

Basically I'm trying to buy a good desktop that is cheap in price($400-$600). I have spotted this computer (Amazon.com: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA880 Desktop (Black/Blue): Computers & Accessories). My friend tells me it is very good, except that it has a bad video card, and I would like to hear your opinions or suggestions. I also found a video card that is supposedly good(Amazon.com: Gigabyte GV-R775OC-1GI AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 DVI-I / D-SUB / HDMI PCI-Express 3.0 Graphic Card: Computers & Accessories).

Please give me suggestions and help me out, thank you.

What are you looking to accomplish with this new computer? How much are you willing to spend? Are you interested in building it yourself?

:facepalm: That is very wrong. First, get at least 4GB of RAM. Second, get a quad core, or if you can afford it get a six core. Also, OP, I recommend building your own computer. Much cheaper and you get to customize everything about it.

Just like to but in here and say that I think you are being a little unfair to the person you quoted. The OP is trying to go budget and the only six core intel brands u can get are the i7-enthusiast or the server brands. And they definitely aren't cheap. I don't no about AMD cuz I'm not a big AMD fan. But I would assume that they are expensive. There is no need to say someone is very wrong. We all have our opinions. And this is a public forum. So be nice :)

Or Visit Here....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom