buying a laptop

katie1976

Beta member
I am moving to Thailand next month and was thinking about buying a laptop. Is it better to buy one here in the US or wait until I am in Thailand. I will be living in Chiang Mai which is the second largest city in Thailand. If you could please give me any advice it would be appreciated.

Thank you

well the biggest thing about using u.s tech items in asia is that they have different power standards, in which case you'll have a blast trying to find an AC adaptor strong/light enough to carry around.
In that respect buy from Thailand, UNLESS you're only going to live there for a short while.
If you're only going there for a couple of months, then buy from here (generaly more choices) and buy a AC power adaptor that will allow your notebook to charge up in Thailand.

(i know this because i spent three months last year in pakistan trying to get my ps2 to switch on....not fun shopping for a huge converter either)

u might get them a little cheaper from Thailand. But the thing is, if u are going to stay in Thailand only for a small amount of time then don't buy it from there. The power thingy is one thing, and then the warranty is the other one. If u come back to the USA and then the laptop breaks u are going to have some problems with the warranty.

katie1976 said:
I am moving to Thailand next month and was thinking about buying a laptop. Is it better to buy one here in the US or wait until I am in Thailand. I will be living in Chiang Mai which is the second largest city in Thailand. If you could please give me any advice it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Good luck on the moving Katie1976....oh by the way, what's the 1976 all about ? anyway's just thought i'd take the time to welcome you to CF.

~mr mixx~ said:
Good luck on the moving Katie1976....oh by the way, what's the 1976 all about ? anyway's just thought i'd take the time to welcome you to CF.

maybe the year she was born?

Back
Top Bottom