Buying a laptop and need help,which one should I get?

Should I wait until Vista?

• Yeah, things will be much cheaper!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, things won't be that much/at all cheaper!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shivy

Baseband Member
The laptop must be decent for playing games and good for playing movies.Also it should be good for downloading things.
It would also be helpful if it doesn't overheat much,but that's not a big concern.

It would be nice if you had specs on it. From the top of my head, The APple probably wouldn't be good for gaming. I know the older ibook's or something had like FX5500's in them as the stock card. The E1505 i believe you can upgrade to a 7900GS? Or a X1400XT which putting it an easy way sucks. Never heard of the Sony SZ.

Here is what i would recommend

Core duo, Intel centrino, AMD 64 - Multitasking, gaming, downloads

At least 1GB of ram, more would be +++

Hdd space, you probably know how much you would need 60GB+

Video card is what you want to mainly focus on gaming, something along sides a 7800 and upwards, I think a 6800 ultra would hold you over to. If it is what you want to play on high settings of these games out right now. 7300, 7400, X1400, X1300, intel integrated. All these graphics card stay away they suck!!

O well the Sony SZ has a 7400,but a good idea of how I want a laptop is it should be able to run battlefield 2 at max or close to it.

Running BF2 @ close to max would require a 6800 ultra and up. Or an X1800 and up from ATI. Also running with no minimum of 1GB of ram.

Unfortunately, i'd have to recommend Dell this time.

Sony is overpriced for what you get, and Macintosh is just not my choice.

We can not help you by just looking at the brand. We need specs, specs, and more specs!!

Processor
Ram
HDD
Screen
Optical drives
OS, not really but put it here anyways
VIDEO CARD
etc

apple and i can confidently say that WITHOUT the specs of the others comps or the mac itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom