Buying a car

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Hi guys, not been here for a while, how's everyone? I see some old faces still :) (seti)

Anyway, going for it, I am going to be saving up £100 per week until I have £5,000-£7,000 on a car which I've had on my mind ever since I drove a few, my friends all have decent cars and I have a decent ish car but I want to go for a golf r32 07 plate, what do you guys think of these bad boys?

I want to make it a goal in my life for the next 10months to just save save and save, and would like to open a thread and try it as a accomplishment to work hard for next 10months and go for it, my friend has tuned his car to 750bhp and it's almost ready, I do want to get around 500bhp and once I have the car I'd like to drive it for a while and then tune it like he did, his car is just insane, ford fiesta st 06, he's spent £15k on it, once it's done (should be this week) I'll try get some vids to.

Anyway I'll still be around to give help in other sections, glad to see myself back :)

Don't get a car just because your buddy has one like it. A car, like your clothes, is an extension of your personality. Besides all the safety and gas mileage, It should be what YOU want.

Don't get a car just because your buddy has one like it. A car, like your clothes, is an extension of your personality. Besides all the safety and gas mileage, It should be what YOU want.

Malarky... are you a salesman? A car is a hunk of metal that saves some walking, period.
A supercar does nothing a beater can't do in rush hour traffic jams. Both go 15mph for 20 feet then stop and repeat.

Malarky... are you a salesman? A car is a hunk of metal that saves some walking, period.
A supercar does nothing a beater can't do in rush hour traffic jams. Both go 15mph for 20 feet then stop and repeat.
And your computer is just a hunk of metal that saves a trip to the library, right? ;)

And your computer is just a hunk of metal that saves a trip to the library, right? ;)

If you ate saying its a tool, I agree, its more multi function than a car, but essentially the same in some respects.
Computers don't have speed limits though.

my friend has tuned his car to 750bhp and it's almost ready, I do want to get around 500bhp and once I have the car I'd like to drive it for a while and then tune it like he did, his car is just insane, ford fiesta st 06, he's spent £15k on it, once it's done (should be this week) I'll try get some vids to.

Either your friend is a master mechanic, with his own tuning shop, rolling road etc. (possibly). or I think your friend is quite possibly lying to you.

the fiesta ST starts at around 180BHP. (I believe that the 180 is the most powerful stock one? but that's only from '13 on, as an '06 your mates would have been 148BHP stock...)
I'm pretty sure it'd cost more than £15k on parts and rolling road time to get to 750BHP!

where is he putting that much engine in a tiny car?
worse it's still a light hatchback, (for all you Americans the fiesta is a mini compact car) it cannot possibly put that kind of power down effectively.!

but if he's honestly done that he should call up some magazines, because he likely has the only 750BHP fiesta in the world!

as for the Golf, I'm honestly not a fan of them, the r32 is admittedly a bit ok very) nice and special, but you'll be buying a 13 year old one (looking at ones priced ~5K on autotrader) that someone else thrashed the shit out of... and you're still buying a golf, and they are ten a penny. such a common car...

my advise would therefore be save for twice (or even three times) as long, and buy the scirrocco R, which is basically the same engine as the new golf R, so will accept the same modifications/tuning, but is a shed load nicer to both be in and look at.

2 year old Golf R and scirrocco R (e.g late 2013 / 2014 models) are on auto trader for just less than £18k... by the time you've haggled that down you'll be laughing. saving that bit longer would mean that you're not inheriting so many troubles.

in anycase if you want "real speed" buy a bike.

Firstly: Welcome back!

That would be a lot of power for a Fiesta chassis...

Just get a car you know you'll enjoy. It doesn't have to be the fastest, as most the time on the road you can't use the power anyway. Even a £1500 Mazda MX5 (or other rear wheel drive coupe or convertible) will give you thrills. If you'd prefer front wheel drive then a coupe like a Toyota Celica or Hyundai Coupe would be good, as their handling is considered good for a front wheel drive.

But... if that's what you want, fine! Some people spend 7k on a brand new "city car", and you'd be getting a hell of a lot more car for your money than those people.

My heart says the same as root... buy a motorbike, but of course some people have different preferences ;)

ok guys how are you all?

Sorry been working to much. ok i just put a deposit down on a audi a4 quattro 3.0litre estate, it looks so nice, he said it;s been lowerd abit, not to boy racer.

My friends car is not an ST anymore, they took the engine out, and put in a focus engine, I'd like to show you the photos but my other close friend did record the car itself, inside the car, it's so quick.

And yes it's going in the magazines, i'lll have to give you a glimpse of it, i'll get the photos and videos ready as soon as he sends them.

thanks for the advice, I love the r32 but yes I might now have to save for an R line but for now I've gone and put a deposit on an audi, i'll take pics when he lets me test drive it.

Thanks for the input , I hope to stick around

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom