buy a new bike or upgrade computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
ok its around christmas time and i was thinking if i should upgrade my computer or buy a used bike that my friend can sell to me. i have $600 to spend on either thing. its a 2000 kona stinky. or instead of getting that awesome bike i could get myself a awesome new c2d. with a new vid card or ram.

^^similar to the one shown above^^

i know this is a computer forum and most people will reccomend upgrading my computer but i dont think that i can let this great deal slip away. i mean a year 2000 kona stinky for $600 with a new set of michelin tires and thorn proof tubes. for those who know about bikes can you give any suggestions please?

Get the Kona!! They are by far the nicest downhill bikes that I have ridden. Get the bike and go outside. Your computer will be inside waiting for you when you are too tired to continue ridding. Thats what I do, go out and ride 50 miles come back and chill in front of the computer. Great end of the day activity. ;)

Definitely get the bike. That thing is sick! Like someone above me suggested; go out and ride and then just go back inside and chill in front of your computer. You have to try to keep at least a bit active!

dude bikes get thrashed esp thoose.I was into trail riding for about 8 years then got into downhill about 3 years ago.I know from my own experiance that bikes get thrashed test the compression of front dampners if they rebound quick and compress softly then there okay.Check it out like you would if it was a car "kick the tire" so to speak.If he hasnt ridin it hardcore then it should be good.I would say get if it rides and looks good.

yea i could use a little bit of outdoor activity...lol
if i buy the bike i will be the 3rd owner. the first owner broke his back while riding the bike. and he was my friend's friend. now i am gonna buy it off of him for $600. i was wondering maybe the bike is bad luck because the kid broke his back from it. but i dont believe in luck so it doesent matter.

yea it turns out that i have to wait another week to actually get the bike from him if i want to buy it. i told him to send me some pictures first but he has been very busy because he has finals starting on monday. my finals arent starting til next monday!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom