Buy a license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitze105

Daemon Poster
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/06/longhorn_licensing.html

Read that article.. it's interesting. Then read what i have to say...

Mr. Landefeld explained the rationale behind the move. "We do not see why customers should miss the excitement of licensing just because the operating system is not ready yet."

....excitement.. ha

"You know a product is real when you are paying for the licenses," said Mr. Landefeld. "This system will help customers understand that Longhorn is here and now."

again.. ha. interesting that we now have to pay for the pos operating system before we even know how bad its gonna be..

As we were going to press it was announced that there is a severe security vulnerability with Longhorn Advance License Activation software – users are advised to apply LALA service pack 1 before running the software

-blitze

PS
i give up

What? Am I reading it right? There's a Service Pack before the thing is even released?

A license basicly... the LALA thing? idk what it is just yet.. however it stated somewhere that there is NO longhorn info on the disk so i doubt there would be a service pack lol
-blitze

Yeah.. longhorn is gonna be a 5 hour install with bugs and glitches all the way through... (not really but it sounded good)
-blitze

Blitze105 I'm sad to see you lose faith in longhorn. I've used Longhorn and it is a great program you should not doubt it in any way shape or form. For all you who mock longhorn go to Linux I'll lose no sleep with a superior operating system....

Tyler1989 said:
Blitze105 I'm sad to see you lose faith in longhorn. I've used Longhorn and it is a great program you should not doubt it in any way shape or form. For all you who mock longhorn go to Linux I'll lose no sleep with a superior operating system....

I expect it to be a great O/S. I will ALWAYS give credit where it is due. However i have not heard many promising things about it. Also, i do not like MS. If they make longhorn great, i will certainly give them credit. But from their recent screw ups i doubt it anymore. Just look how good the "activation" thing went.
-blitze

Thats saying alot when you never even tried it. Try it then judge Longhorn why trust what people say you should always go by first hand experiance.

I have learned from how "great" xp is. I will judge it when i see it. I will make a new thread about how much i like or dislike it when it comes out. I did judge this article, being as i will never buy something that is not even out yet.
-blitze

PS
longhorn may be great, we shall see.

See it bah try it. I love longhorn and it hurts me to see you bash it. XP has never gave me any problems either. Just keep it legal and don't mess with system files and you will never get an error in my experiance. And rather than having a thread saying "I hate it or I love it" why not post on the differances and specs you discovered from using it. And I fail to understand your reasoning you can get longhorn it's out (BETA 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom