Burning XP CD

Jerry1

Baseband Member
NEEEEED HELP! Anyone knows what file in XP CD makes the setup became WINXP Professional or Home ? Because after I burn my windows xp into cd( with HOME corpfiles(no activation) )*MY XP CD IS HOME*
there setup, on top it says 'Windows XP Professional' instead of 'Windows XP Home Edition' .. ?

As far as I say, after I install, it has a mixed edition - HOME n PRO. :confused: :confused:

Jerry1

Baseband Member
Alright, I find out about why, its because of WIN51IC or WIN51IP file. So anyone has WIN51IC file ? Because mine is corrupt, need help.

killerdoberman

In Runtime
Just use the original disk and install.

If that is corrupt, send it back to Microsoft and they will send you a new copy.

Jerry said:
NEEEEED HELP! Anyone knows what file in XP CD makes the setup became WINXP Professional or Home ? Because after I burn my windows xp into cd( with HOME corpfiles(no activation) )*MY XP CD IS HOME*
there setup, on top it says 'Windows XP Professional' instead of 'Windows XP Home Edition' .. ?

As far as I say, after I install, it has a mixed edition - HOME n PRO. :confused: :confused:
A great deal of the things on Pro and Home are the same - the Explorer.exe file holds the Start Menu Bar Titles for every version of XP.

You shouldn't be copying XP anyway. But if its for backup; and a file is corrupt, then send it back and they'll give you a new one.

deepthroat

In Runtime
I didn't even know you could copy Windows XP, you would think it would have some type of anti-piracy device(knowing Microsoft, they'd do that)
Oh well...I wouldn't copy it though.I can't afford the fine.LOL

Thats what the Activation Codes are for - you're allowed to copy the CDs, as you can buy Mass-Licencing and they'll send you the stickers for extra copies with different activation codes instead of actually copies.