burning linux to disk

Assuming you have Nero. Go to Image/backup and click Burn iomage to disk. Locate your Linux Distro format (.iso) and burn it onto a CD

ok dammit this is so friggin broken. i first of all could not find any .cue .iso or any other image files. i did however find a .img file but when i tried to burn it it said blah blah this is not a known type you have to set stuff up and it gave me some options and i left everything as it is and burned it. i tried then to look at the contents of the disk and it said f:\ is not accesible incorrect function. then i tried to boot with it and it didnt work...

sorry for the double post

Right now, I'm going to stop the fun of looking for drivers, and swap my linux Os for W98Se (Memphis), just to play with Dos (at least it doesn't need drivers)...
EDIT: and...of course...Whistler for work...

Aghhhhh It Doesnt Work Goddammit!!!!!! Grrrr I Wanna Friggin Pull Out My Hair!!! Wahhhhhhh :_(

edit: ok i found out why it wasnt working. the files were not isos!!! they were .img files! *GASP* oh no. well now i need help converting them. how do i convert .img to .iso?? i tried magic iso and ultra iso

Well I'm gona let one comp with ubuntu.
I was thinking right now that perhaps you have a problem with a file
extension.
Some iso files download as .rar (but they aren't); the reason is that you have enabled the 'don't show known file extensions', and therefore you can't see the
.iso extension.
The same can happen with other known file extensions.
Check that...

Back
Top Bottom