Burn video to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
What program do you guys use? Nero doesnt support making svcd on dvd's only cd's.

I have a bunch of .mpeg, .avi's etc that I want to burn to a dvd and be able to watch on a dvd player.

Basic Guide How to Convert AVI Files to DVD with Avi2DVD

vi2DVD is a GUI that uses freeware tools and various freeware encoders (QuEnc/FreeEnc/NuEnc) or CCE to perform conversions such as AVI, OGM, MKV, and WMV to DVD, SVCD, or VCD. It can also be used to convert DVD to SVCD or VCD. One of nice features I like about this program is automatically convert audio files to AC3 format. The current version, Avi2DVD 0.4.2 beta, is still in beta phase so it's still buggy though. After installing Avi2DVD, some of my programs such as VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 or DGIndex became extremely slow and sluggish and returned to normal as soon as I uninstalled it. It seemed to be some kind of codec conflict thatÂ’s caused the problem. Hopefully, the future updates will improve this handy program. In this basic guide, I will show how to convert .avi file to DVD only

Link
http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/article_avi2dvd_page1.html

Tools used
Avi2Dvd

Conversion
AVI to DVD DivX to DVD XviD to DVD DV to DVD MKV to DVD OGM to DVD WMV to DVD

Found a program called ConvertxToDVD by vso software. Tested and got the full version. It ownz!!! Very Very simple to use.

Thanks for the information. Keep posting for forum information people.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

I recommend gui4ffmpeg to convert to dvd from avi

then dvdstyler to author the dvd

then imgburn to burn it

not all dvd conversion ware is the same or even very good, only maybe 3 or 4 for windows are worth using really, most work, just not under all circumstances or do a goood job, some work but are slow and will make you think you have a pentium 100

the above I mentioned are all freeware and ive used them and know they work, and gui4ffmpeg is quite fast and does a good job........its also one of the many thats been ported from linux to windows, for some reason most of the best conversion apps are from linux(go figure)........in fact if you peek inside many of the windows ones you will often see dll's directly from linux just compiled using cygwin !!

Hey wut up shawn, its jay from total.... anyway svcd is a format so that you can burn dvd movies onto a reg cd and you dont need a dvd burner. so you dont want an svcd format for a dvd disc. use some of the programs they mentioned or email me and i have a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom