Burn in

rdcmmnst

Daemon Poster
I saw a section on my bios called burn in...and it gave me the shpeel about not overclocking and should only be used for testing purposes what is it exactly?

This is what it is:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/cpuburn/

"CPU Burn-in v1.01 by Michal Mienik is the ultimate stability testing tool for overclockers. The program heats up any x86 CPU to the maximum possible operating temperature that is achievable by using ordinary software. This allows the user to adjust the CPU speed up to the practical maximum while still being sure that stability is achieved even under the most stressful conditions. The program continuously monitors for erroneous calculations and errors ensuring the CPU does not generate errors during calculations performed under overclocking conditions."

Seems kewl :D

but i still can't seem to change the clock rate or anything..? Or does it overclock the machine for me.

No I think its meant to overpower the system, check how fast it can go automatically, and then tell you the max safe speed it reached. You can then switch the settings to that amount, so I have no idea why you can't :(

yeah it's really strange..hm. I'll keep looking ubt i was looking around on the intel website and at every turn they said overclocking is from satan. Or something close to that.

Wow..mental :p Maybe your motherboard does support it then, and maybe that processor you have doesn't :(

Back
Top Bottom