Burn 7.7GB on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I have an .iso file which is like 7.7 gigs but I only have a regular dvd burner. Is there a way to burn this file onto 2 DVDs?

the iso is just an image, it will fit, its just the binary coding that needs to go on the disc so it isnt actually the file size on disk, you need to burn it as a disk image though

Really? its just that when i rip a dvd as an iso to my hardrive it is usually arround 6-7 GB and when i write it to disk as an image it goes back down to normal size on the dvd-r

back in the day some people didn't want to compress any of the movie so they use ifoedit to split the disc after they decrypted it

If it is a movie, you can use DVD shrink. DVD shrink will allow you to rip a dual layer DVD to your hard drive, compressing it enough to fit on a regular DVD. You can also control this compression, edit unneeded audio streams, re-author your DVD, but compression is compression, and it is a loss in the original DVD quality. (This is why I usually remove the menus and unneeded audio streams. Usually cuts it down to 80% quality of the original.) If you absolutely need untampered copies, you will either need to purchase more expensive Dual Layer DVD's or use the method that DanB suggested, also depending on whether this is data or not. WinRar will work for data, but for a DVD movie, use what DanB suggested. He knows his stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom