Built my computer 10 minutes ago!

I NEED URGENT HELP! At first I would start it up and it would recognize my PS/2 Keyboard because the keyboard lit up, but I could not go into the BIOS because I cannot hit keys. I do not have another keyboard I have tried USB and have the same problem. I started installing Windows and I needed toi hit enter to start and I couldnt.

I have no idea what to do at all. I cannot get a different keyboard and now I have discovered Another problem.

As it was on and I was wondering what to do I noticed the heatsinks fan wasnt running. I turned off the computer, made sure it was connected and restarted the computer, it ran for maybe 5 seconds then stopped. As I shut down the computer the heatsink fan spins a few times.

Someone please help!!!
Computers specs are below.
RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WB Black 0.7mm Japanese SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case-$30.00
THERMALTAKE Silent PurePower TT-420AD(DUAL FAN) ATX 420W Power Supply 115/230 V-$39.99
GIGABYTE GA-K8NS Ultra-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard-$104.99
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor-$146.00
GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory-$85.08
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP0812C 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive-$60.00
SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 128M Radeon 9600 128MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card-$60.00
SAMSUNG Black 16X DVD+R 4X DVD+RW 5X DVD+R DL 12X DVD-R 4X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner-$43.99
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Model MPF920 Black-$12.00
COOLER MASTER SAF-S83-E1 80 x 80 x 25mm Sleeve Silent 80mm Case Fan Value Pack With 6 packs-$9.99
Antec 77063 Silver Thermal Compound-$5.99

EDIT!!!!!- I AM TOLD THAT MOST NEW MOTHERBOARDS CONTROL WHEN THE CPU FAN TURNS ON BY THE TEMPERATURE?

since you told me on MSN u used a USB to PS2 adapter, that would be ur problem, my friend tried the same thing and it didnt work so i had to bring over my PS2 keyboard for him to get his computer running. get a ps2 keyboard and all the problems will be fixed

once again a problem solved by money_man!

in his first post he said he tried a USB keyboard.

are the keyboards you are using like media keyboards or have extra stuff. if so try a standerd keyboard.

what he meant was, he used the usb keyboard he has and tehn when that didnt work he pluged teh ps2 adapter into the end or it

Yeah, I tried it with and without a PS/2 Adapter. Both times it didn't work. So Money man very well could hae solved one problem.

But the CPU fan not working? running sometimes shows its connected properly but.....only running sometimes?

oh about that i have options in my bios of when the fan can turn on, i think higher than 45 degrees or something but im pretty sure i have mine set to constantly on. so you'll have to wait for the keyboard to get into the bios

Phew! Thanks alot guys! I should get a PS/2 Keyboard tomorrow by the latest. I will definitely respond to you guys once I get it working...or not.

THANKS!

no problem, btw i'd go to bed right now if ur not 100% u can get a keyboard tonight. for me after i built my new computer teh wait was too horrible for my parts so i slept alot.

Back
Top Bottom