Building New Computer, No Display, Please Help Me Correct Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornDog

Beta member
I am in the process of building a new computer.

Mother board: Gigabyte GA- 8IPE1000 Pro-G
Processor: Pentium 4, 3 GHz, 800 MHz FSB
Memory: Mushkin DDR 1 GB PC 3200
Video Card: Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9250
ETC

Here is the problem I'm having:

I installed the MOBO, Processor, Memory, hard drive, and video card. Booted the computer just to check before proceeding. The CPU fan starts, but I don't get any video. I thought that maybe it was the video card, so I removed the new card, and installed my old working video card. Still nothing. So I thought it was a problem with the mobo. I returned the MOBO. The new MOBO arrived today, and installed it...still no video. So then I removed the new processor, and installed my processor from the old computer, the one I'm using to post this, still nothing.

I have built three computers before this one without problems. Can someone please help me figure out what is causing this problem?

Thanks.

does the vid card have an external power input? If so make sure you have plugged in one of the power plugs. Also do you have to correct RAM?

Problem solved...Thanks!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help. The vidio card does not have external power. I took the power supply (Vantec) out and replaced with a known working power supply. The new power supply is defective. Thanks so much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom