Building myself a present (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont really need thay motherboard, if i was going to drop $235 for a mobo i would atleast wait for ivybridge.Save youself like $100 and buy a z68 motherboard.The z77 features are nice but i mean you will get what you need from a z68 just fine.with that extra $100 you could buy some extras. Although i mean $100 wont get you a good headset and everything looks fine.Mabye add the extra 100 and get a gtx 680?
Lolwut?

The Z77 board he has listed is actually cheaper than the Z68 board he was going to buy. If it is what he wants, then that is what he wants. I agree, he could go cheaper but sometimes people don't want to cheap out on certain things.

And you can most certainly get a good headset for less than 100 bucks. With every GTX680 being out of stock, that would be pretty hard to do.

I'm ordering everything off of newegg. Given yes I know some of the reviews aren't legitimate, but I've never had any problems with them. I looked on newegg and I can only find tx-4 and in the description of the product it says that it is better performance than the tx-3. I think that I will get both the tx-4 and the as5. Use the tx-4 on this computer build and then use the as5 on my laptop that always overheats on me. I know 3 or 4 fans might be enough, but I want to use up the spots even if it will only bring down the degrees by 1. And maybe in the future get a decent fan controller.

practically all compounds are within a few degrees of each other, but i was under the impression that as5, though decent, had a 'bake in' time and would have to be reapplied after a while. is that why they give you so much? XD

also, i go a different way with newegg reviews. i read 5 egg reviews sporadically and almost all of the low star reviews and just the 'cons' part. why? if im buying a case i want to know if 20 people say the hinges are garbage and the door falls off. i want to know if 40 people have mentioned that there are sharp edges. i want to know that a ton of people say that good or bad, X annoyed them about the product. I may or may not go with the product, but i can statistically wade through the mire if n people experience the same issue. also as mentioned above, there may be a couple of people to confirm the good things as well. but actual 'review' websites are the main go to for my own stuff.

but yes, it kills me when i see 1 egg for poor delivery or +1 for good customer service.

practically all compounds are within a few degrees of each other, but i was under the impression that as5, though decent, had a 'bake in' time and would have to be reapplied after a while. is that why they give you so much? XD

also, i go a different way with newegg reviews. i read 5 egg reviews sporadically and almost all of the low star reviews and just the 'cons' part. why? if im buying a case i want to know if 20 people say the hinges are garbage and the door falls off. i want to know if 40 people have mentioned that there are sharp edges. i want to know that a ton of people say that good or bad, X annoyed them about the product. I may or may not go with the product, but i can statistically wade through the mire if n people experience the same issue. also as mentioned above, there may be a couple of people to confirm the good things as well. but actual 'review' websites are the main go to for my own stuff.

but yes, it kills me when i see 1 egg for poor delivery or +1 for good customer service.
AS5 has a cure period in which it takes a few weeks before it will give best performance. They give so much because most people who buy their product wont use it just once. I paid 15 bucks for my little tube and it has lasted me years.

You dont really need thay motherboard, if i was going to drop $235 for a mobo i would atleast wait for ivybridge.Save youself like $100 and buy a z68 motherboard.The z77 features are nice but i mean you will get what you need from a z68 just fine.with that extra $100 you could buy some extras. Although i mean $100 wont get you a good headset and everything looks fine.Mabye add the extra 100 and get a gtx 680?

The z77 board will perform better with the newer Ivy Bridge. But if I do ever want to upgrade from SB to IB, I will be able to no problem. If I were to buy a cheaper motherboard now because it is not worth using a SB on a z77 board. When I eventually upgrade to IB, I would have to buy a newer and better motherboard as well. Making the purchase of the cheaper motherboard a complete waste of money..right?

And like PP Mguire said, all 680's are out of stock. A nice headset would be nice to have, but it is not necessary right now. I have a nice set of speakers that I am currently using. Thank you for your input. If I did not have the speakers I probably would take your advice and get a nice headset

You dont really need thay motherboard, if i was going to drop $235 for a mobo i would atleast wait for ivybridge.Save youself like $100 and buy a z68 motherboard.The z77 features are nice but i mean you will get what you need from a z68 just fine.

Ivy will be out in a few weeks. If you're planning on buying an Ivy processor, might as well get the board now, ESPECIALLY if it's cheaper than a Z68.

Thank you, that is what I wanted to hear. With the motherboard that I am looking at, like I said it comes with wireless. I know that I can google it and get a good enough answer, but I like to hear an answer from actual people.

It is Wifi, but it is not dual band. Will single band wifi make much of a difference in gamin and downloading files compared to dual band?

If you have no interference in your house then no not really. I have a dual band router and my old laptop was dual band. It made no difference in speeds or connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom