Building my first rig, got some ?'s

yeah i was thinking that cause i could spend that extra hundred on something else so im gonna go with the 965, now i need to decide on a mobo i know the microcenter out here is running a deal if you buy an amd cpu and a board from them you get $40 off they have an ASUS M4A79XTD EVO790X FOR $104 or an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 890 ATX for $160 which one you think is a better buy or ahould i go a different way

M4a89 is by far better.

But I would go with the msi 790fx-gd70. Newegg has open box ones for $123. Definitely among the best am3 boards out there, especially if you are overclocking.

would the msi board be better than the asus board seeing as the latter supports usb3 and sata6

if i buy the board that supports sata 6gb can i use a 3gb hard drive in it

3GB hard drives?!

The 790fx-gd70 is a better overclocker, statistically more reliable, has four x16 slots, and is cheaper.

USB3 is useless for now, and later you can add a card in if you really need it. I would personally stick to esata. Sata III makes no real world difference in a typical computer.

3GB hard drives?!

The 790fx-gd70 is a better overclocker, statistically more reliable, has four x16 slots, and is cheaper.

USB3 is useless for now, and later you can add a card in if you really need it. I would personally stick to esata. Sata III makes no real world difference in a typical computer.

He's asking if he can use 3GB/s drives in it. And yes, you can. It's just that it's compatible with faster drives as well.

If they are around the same price, I would go with the board that has USB3.0 and SATA 6GB/s. When are you going to use 4 video cards? :p

He's asking if he can use 3GB/s drives in it. And yes, you can. It's just that it's compatible with faster drives as well.

If they are around the same price, I would go with the board that has USB3.0 and SATA 6GB/s. When are you going to use 4 video cards? :p

Have you seen pics of my rig?

And the main benefit of the msi board (imo) is its amazing overclocking ability. The m4A89TD was only able to get the fsb to 260 in the review I saw, but I have seen numerous people with the gd70 well over 300.

Back
Top Bottom